Saturday, February 5, 2011

Legwarmers

I actually finished something!


Apparently I need an external goal to urge me forward these days. Something akin to, "yoga - on Friday." I finished these Thursday and packed them up to wear the next day.
I really love these. And tried my hand at a self-portrait the mimics those in the pattern book.


I admit that I am quite self-conscious about my legs. Strong and flexible as they are, they just don't quite look the way I'd like them to. It was a big step to willingly photograph and post these. But the final piece was so lovely, it eclipsed the concern I had that you'd all be judging my cankles. Please don't judge my cankles.


I did indeed start the Lunisolar legwarmers Thursday evening. They look beautiful so far, and the yarn is a joy to work with.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Sarah, they are beautiful. Did they stay up?

sarah said...

They stay put when worn over tights, but fell without the friction that stockings provide.

I had enough forethought to add an eyelet round near the top, just in case. I made 2 crochet chains that I ran through the eyelets so I can secure them below the knee.